Welcome Student Veteran
We are proud to have you as a student at Daytona State College, and greatly appreciate your service to our nation. We are pleased you have decided to make Daytona State a part of your life. We know leaving the military and starting a new life as a student can be extremely challenging. We would like to assist you in achieving your educational goals and to get the most out of your college education.
In order to facilitate your success we want to be sure you know what resources and
information are available that meet your unique needs as a veteran and a student.
Below is a list of services that you will need during your time at Daytona State.
Feel free to contact anyone in the departments; however many of the areas below have
identified a contact that can specifically assist veterans with questions.
Click here for New Veteran Student Checklist and click here for the Continuing Veteran Student Checklist
Did You Know?
- Daytona State designated a Military Friendly School Veteran-owned company, lists honors colleges, universities and trade schools that are doing the most to embrace America's service members and veterans as students.
- Daytona State has become an official school offering the Yellow Ribbon books scholarship for qualifying Veterans.
- Celebrating our veterans’ education benefit – 70 Years of the GI Bill
This year marks the 70th Anniversary of the passage of the Service members Readjustment Act, signed on June 22, 1944, and popularly known as the GI Bill.
- We are now offering Tutoring in the Veterans Center.
Please click here to see the flyer for days and times.
The college has implemented a process to insure that all veterans receive registration priority each semester regardless of the number of credits attempted.
- House Bill 7015 created the Congressman C.W. Bill Young Veteran Tuition Waiver Program, authorizing an out-of-state fee waiver for honorably discharged veterans of the United States (U.S.) Armed Forces, U.S. Reserve Forces or the National Guard who physically reside in Florida. Click here for further information.
Daytona State College is an approved Institution for Veterans Education Benefits. Veterans, and those eligible for VA benefits, must meet Daytona State College admissions requirements in order to be certified by the VA Certifying Official and receive VA Education benefits. Eligible students are encouraged to complete the required VA procedures as early as possible, at least a week before the beginning of the tuition payment deadline. The student must be working toward an approved degree in order to receive VA benefits. Once the Veteran's Certification form is received, Academic Advising will review the students schedule to ensure all classes the student is registered in at the time of the certification are required for their chosen degree.
For Post 9/11 GI Bill® (Ch 33) students and VA Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Ch 31) students, our tuition policy complies with 38 USC 3679(e) which means Post 9/11 and Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment students will not be charged or otherwise penalized due to a delay in VA tuition and fee payments. For eligibility consideration, a Post 9/11 GI Bill student must submit a VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE) and a Vocational Rehabilitation Student must provide a VAF 28-1905 form. Student must provide copy of COE that proves 100% eligibility.
国产偷拍视频GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at
Monday - Friday: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Main Campus – (386) 506 – 3653
School Certifying Official